Welcome to the Community Pages of the Decision-Making Toolkit. The pages in this section are designed to provide a resource clearinghouse for those interested in tools for complex decision-making. Please contact us if you’re interested in contributing to the Community Pages.
- Beyond Intractability is an online resource, developed and maintained by the University of Colorado Conflict Information Consortium. The mission of the consortium and the project is to investigate strategies for resolving intractable conflicts. They have a research base of easy-to-digest essays on hundreds of topics and additional sources for more in-depth information.
- The Berghof Handbook for Conflict Transformation is an online platform for academics and practitioners to discuss ideas and experiences in the field of conflict transformation. The site includes articles and dialogues from scholars and practitioners from around the world.
- Negotiating: The top ten ways that culture can affect your negotiation is an article from the Ivey Business Journal that looks at ten elements that can complicate intercultural negotiations, providing a framework for how to understand the cultural perspective of others in negotiations.
- Although it is not a free resource, The Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-Making by Sam Kaner offers a comprehensive look at group dynamics, the values at the core of participatory decision-making, and types of decision rules, including case examples and tools.
- The Mediate.com blog includes posts on everything from styles of mediation to how mediation can help prevent or diffuse conflict. It also provides links to other resources, academic articles, and real-life examples of mediation in action.